Monday, October 4, 2010

Mod Table Runner


Just like my mum made!


I've been saving this fabric forever. I bought it at a cool shop in the Albert district (Bolt Fabric Boutique) with the thought of making it into a couple of pillow cases for my living room. However, there's pink in the fabric and my couch is orange so I'm not sure what I was thinking.

I spent much time thinking over this fabric. Finally yesterday I just started cutting. I placed both pieces face up, one on top of the other and made several long straight cuts. I then traded pieces so I had all opposite pieces. If you haven't done this before it might be easier to experiment with paper first.

I then sewed the pieces together, taking time to iron in between (the magic step!). I bought some plain black craft fabric from my favorite fabric shop (the Textile Clearance shop on Fraser & about 45th), which is unfortunately going out of business, and used it to frame and extend the quilted mirror blocks.



No comments:

Post a Comment