Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Modifying pants to fit cloth diapers

 For those using cloth diapers finding pants that fit can be a bit of a challenge. I've already posted a few options for making pants. Here I show how I add a bit of room to an existing pair of pants. Note that m babe was around 8 or 9 months here and I think the pants were a size 2, so fitting big to start helps. They were designed to roll up the cuffs so that helped with the length.

The crotch got a bit tight though so I opened up the seem about 1.5" on either side of the centre seem, cut out a piece of matching stretch fabric in a soft diamond shape (about 1.5" wide) and sewed it in place. Not having a serger I just quickly added a zig-zag stitch along the edge to add to the strength of the seems. It looks a little messy on the inside (I rushed it a bit) but it looks quite nice on the outside.

For a little more pizazz you could also add a colored piece of fabric to the crotch insert as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment