Cast Iron may be the key to a quick frittata. This is fairly regular meal on my menu. I'm a great fan of eggs, throw in some veg and potatoes and you have a complete meal.
- Chopped potatoes (1-2 cup or so)
- Olive Oil
- Herbes de provence (or any combo of green flakey herbes you have in your cupboard oregeno, basil, parsley, etc.) a tablespoon or two to lightly cover the potatoes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Broccoli, 1 crown + branch, chopped
- 6-8 free range eggs, mixed
- Sharp cheese, grated
- Fry the potatoes on medium with oil, herbes, salt & pepper
- when potatoes just start to soften, add the broccoli
- If the broccoli doesn't start to soften quickly (or your really hungry) add a bit of water and cover the pan for a minute
- When both potatoes and brocoli are soft to your liking turn the heat off and add the eggs (note, if you don't have a fry pan you can put in the oven you can transfer the whole combo to a glass or ceramic baking dish)
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Put the fry pan (or baking dish) in the oven at 450 degrees (F) on the top rack, closest to the burner and bake for 5-10 minutes, until the eggs are no longer runny when you insert a knife into the middle.
- Dig in! Also tastes great served with fresh buttered toast