Saturday, November 26, 2011

Social Christmas Cards

This week I had a table full of crafters over. Everyone was busy with sewing and gluing,  painting and bleeding carving.

I made a lithograph stamp for christmas cards. I bought the carving tool a few years ago. Both the knife set and lithograph blocks (something like linoleum?) are available from craft or arts shops. Just prior to stabbing my finger I reminded myself of the last time I used this set and bled. Very dangerous tool! The stamp I made is very simple. I used a sharpie to draw the design on the block, carved out the image, and used a stamp pad for ink. Traditionally I think a roller is used with ink but I did not have that.

A selection of my guests' handiwork...

Button cards


Felt letters

Living room pillows

Sweater sleeve baby pants

Patched Jeans




Making Christmas Cards: 











No comments:

Post a Comment