Monday, August 20, 2012

Dish Diva Planter

I love dishes. Old, new, the works. Problem is, you really only need so many creamers. However, I have a rather prolific aloe vera plant with wee ones looking for a new home. After I found a gorgeous turquoise Midwinter Modern Fashion Shape gravy boat/cream jug in a wee little Brownie Hall turned thrift shop, I decided it would make a great base for a succulent.

I filled the jug with cactus soil, gently pulled an aloe sprout and replanted in this little jug. I was so impressed with the results that I tried a second jug, the name of which I can't remember and I've since given as a birthday gift.

A note on Aloe plants, they supposedly only like to be watered once a month or they will turn brown, mine have done this so I've put them on a water diet. Except it was scorching hot last week and the tips started to dry up so I caved.









(the mother)

No comments:

Post a Comment